Here you’ll find our blog plus a collection of interesting reads from around the web, book recommendations, product reviews, tweaking guides, and other things to make your system sound its very best!
- Foundation Theory (Nordost)
- Speaker Placement (Nordost)
- Building a Firm Foundation: A Strategic Approach to System Optimization by Roy Gregory (The Audio Beat, 5/1/2013)
- Nordost’s Foundation Theory by Jason Victor Serinus (Stereophile, 1/8/2010)
- What is Foundation Theory, and why does Roy Gregory think it’s important? by Marc Mickelson (The Audio Beat, 1/9/2010)
- Tech Insights, Your system explained and improved (The Audio Beat)
- PCM v DSD Comparison: 16/44.1, 24/96, 24/192, 64x DSD, 128x DSD by Michael Lavorgna (Audio Stream, 11/29/2012)
- Q&A with John Swenson: How bit-perfect software can affect sound by Michael Lavorgna (AudioStream, 12/30/2013)
The Latest from Light Harmonic
Larry Ho and Gavin Fish of Light Harmonic fame are hard at work on a few new projects under the “LH Labs” moniker: Geek Out and Geek Pulse.
We’re excited about these projects and what they could mean for getting hifi sound on the go (in conjunction with a good pair of headphones, of course); so excited that we’ve backed them on Kickstarter and on Indiegogo, respectively.
The Kickstarter campaign for Geek Out is over, but you can still get in on the Geek Pulse on Indiegogo, an awesome little desktop DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) and headphone amplifier. It will even have a fully-balanced option for those of you who have invested in a pair of balanced wires for your headphones and/or a balanced signal path for your hifi.
We’ll keep you posted as these projects mature.
Welcome to Hi-Fi Foundations’ home on the web. Please pardon the digital dust and check back soon as we’re still Under Construction! In the meanwhile, feel free to see what we’re about.